CUPE LOCAL 2512 March 29, 2019
Computer Network Technician – Level 7
Job Posting #C-2019-12
(Seniority is a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Install, configure and maintain hardware and software for local area networks, workstations, third-party application and management servers located in the Board’s schools and learning centres. Primary duties include hardware maintenance, Repair Process Management, installation of Wireless Access Points and installation of wall mounted data projectors.
- Monitor, analyze and maintain network performance and network servers, switches and cabling – respond, troubleshoot, and repair as required.
- Maintain multiple security levels and control user access to our network and system.
- Provide proactive security and back-ups of critical network servers and systems.
- Create and maintain policies, templates, and scripts to automate user management and access of network resources.
- Backup and restore user data as required.
- Conduct technical evaluations of hardware, software and network products; analyze user requirements and provide recommendations for purchase.
- Validate new software, hardware, or service requests in a test environment (that mirrors production) to ensure the software/service be deployed successfully. Present recommendations based on results.
- Analyze user hardware / software requirements and recommends appropriate new technology and purchases.
- A three-year college diploma in computer technology, MCSE or MCSA certification along with an understanding of network topologies, local and wide area networking and telecommunications.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a system support role.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server administration, Active Directory, Windows 7&10, MSOffice Suite, Microsoft SCCM Client Management.
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Superior problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure in fast moving environment.
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Understand urgency of actions and recognizes priorities and multi-tasking.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
- School Board experience is an asset.
- Desirable Asset: Preference will be given to individuals with computer hardware repair skills and AV installation skills (Epson Brightlink).
Hourly Rate: $29.58 to $31,27 per hour
(A current Annual Market Allowance of $8,000 is associated with the position)
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Locations: Information Technology Services at the Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
[Please note that due to renovations at the Catholic Education Centre, the Information Technology Services Department during the period of March 1 – August 30, 2019, will be temporarily moved to St. Agatha School in St. Agatha, ON.]
Weeks/Year: Approx. 52 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on April 9, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.