Client Support Officer – Student Administration Systems
- Under the direction of the ITS Data Systems Supervisor, the Client Support Officer provides training, analysis, and administrative support to student administration system users. The specialist will act as a liaison between the application software vendor and all users.
- Provides assistance to the ITS Data Systems Supervisor in the planning, coordination and implementation of student administration system in the school environment.
- Responsible for the training, documentation, and support to all users of the student administration system.
- Investigates, identifies and resolves technical problems in the student administration systems software by possessing an ability to analyze problems quickly and recommend an immediate solution to problems such as why the software does not work.
- Analyses and interprets all new system updates and memos from the application vendor.
- Liaisons with the application vendor on behalf of users on technical problems to ensure prompt resolution to all software and hardware problems.
- Implements, on a timely basis, all new system updates to assure that the latest software versions are used correctly.
- Reviews systems for refinements and improvements to assure ongoing user satisfaction.
- Responsible for the collection, coordination, and submission of student data for Ministry OnSIS and Board information management and reporting purposes.
- Prepares agendas and chairs student administration system user meetings.
- To remain current and be knowledgeable in new database technologies, user training and support practices.
- Coordinate, planning meetings and training Secondary School Data Administrator (SSDA) roles.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A three-year college diploma or equivalent coupled with three years demonstrable experience in providing user support and training to database application users.
- Demonstrated experience and an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of the following: Microsoft Office; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Access; database and Trillium Student Information System and Trillium Web Modules.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to set priorities and to work with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle.
PASS Level 4 61,428 – $72,267 per year, in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment.
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Currently located at St Agatha Catholic Elementary School while the Board Office is being renovated. Permanent location is 35 Weber St. Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.