At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Work with special education teacher and/or school administrator to develop a program to meet the student’s needs;
- Assist school staff in developing and implementing crisis management plans to ensure the safety of all;
- Maintaining records as required pursuant to policies and procedures;
- Communicating to appropriate individuals on students’ needs and progress;
- Constant supervision of student; implement proactive strategies to de-escalate negative behaviour;
- Assist with daily behaviour management program;
- Acting as a member of the Collaborative Team (CT) and attending CT meetings and Case Conferences as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) year Child and Youth Care Worker college diploma;
- One (1) to Two (2) years of similar work experience;
- BMS (Behavioural Management System) is an asset;
- PMAB (Prevention & Management of Aggressive Behaviour) is an asset;
- Sound decision making skills with the use of initiative, judgement and resourcefulness;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Experience supporting students with autism would be an asset;
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license as travel throughout the Waterloo Region may be required.
HOURLY RATE: $25.30 or $29.00 per hour (dependent upon level of position)
Complete Applications must be submitted directly to the posting and will be received up to 4:00 pm on February 23, 2018. Applications are accepted via Apply to Education (www.applytoeducation.com) or via email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/. This posting is for consideration for the Supply List.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful candidates will be required to pass a physical prescreening test as a condition of employment.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.