At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting.
General Description of Duties:
- Work with special education teacher and/or school administrator to develop a program to meet the student’s needs;
- Assist school staff in developing and implementing crisis management plans to ensure the safety of all;
- Maintaining records as required pursuant to policies and procedures;
- Communicating to appropriate individuals on students’ needs and progress;
- Constant supervision of student; implement proactive strategies to de-escalate negative behaviour;
- Assist with daily behaviour management program;
- Acting as a member of the Collaborative Team (CT) and attending CT meetings and Case Conferences as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) year Child and Youth Care Worker college diploma;
- One (1) to Two (2) years of similar work experience;
- BMS (Behavioural Management System) is an asset;
- PMAB (Prevention & Management of Aggressive Behaviour) is an asset;
- Sound decision making skills with the use of initiative, judgement and resourcefulness;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Experience supporting students with autism would be an asset;
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license as travel throughout the Waterloo Region may be required.
Hourly Rate: $26.46 or $30.33 per hour (Level 6 or Level 7)
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
All successful candidates will be required to pass a physical prescreening test as a condition of employment.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on May 28, 2021.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: www.applytoeducation.com. For ApplytoEducation assistance, please contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience, to perform the duties of this job. Include your Diplomas/Certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Record Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.