PRINCIPAL AND VICE-PRINCIPAL
Watch for postings inviting applications for the leadership pool of Elementary and Secondary School Principals/Vice-Principals in our ‘Current Opportunities‘ section or on the Jobs in Education website.
As servant leaders in education, our mission is to ensure that students, in a Christ-centred and student-driven learning environment, develop their capabilities to the fullest. We also want them to be prepared to deal with the challenges of an ever-evolving and diverse society. We’re succeeding in this role by focusing on education reform, leadership development, spiritual growth and wellness/change and by employing collaborative contributors who aspire to our goals.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of successful classroom teaching and/or administrative experience;
- For Secondary Principal positions, candidates must demonstrate; Vice-Principal/Program Head or Consultant experience;
- Hold a current Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Registration with the Ontario College of Teachers;
- Principals will have their Ontario School Principal’s Certificate – Parts 1 & 2 (Vice-Principals – completed/or in process of completing Part 2);
- Provide a current written, satisfactory pastoral reference (Forms are available from Human Resource Services;
- Hold Religion Education Certificate, Part I;
- Demonstrate participation in ongoing professional/leadership development activities;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the purpose and nature of leadership in a Catholic school;
- Demonstrate teaching experience in various divisions and a variety of settings;
- Demonstrate a good working-knowledge of computers, office software and related school technology.