International Languages Instructor – Spanish Long-Term Supply (grades: JK-SK and 2/3)
(St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education)
Applications for the position of International Languages Instructor – Spanish are being accepted by the Elementary International Languages Program at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students;
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies;
- Managing discipline issues, creating and coordinating safe and enjoyable activities for all IL students.
- Ensuring a safe and secure learning environment at all times in accordance with the safety protocols;
- Promoting positive attitudes towards, and encouraging enthusiasm for language learning;
- Using the target language as the language of instruction and communication whenever possible;
- Demonstrate effective problem–solving skills, patience, and flexibility;
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities;
- Cooperating with the site supervisor regarding documentation, safety protocols and problem situations;
- Communicating with parents on a regular basis regarding class curriculum, events, day trips;
- Keeping up the classroom in good condition with consideration of other teachers.
- Arranging for a supply instructor and providing a suitable lesson plan, required materials and resources along with the other pertaining information.
- Teaching credentials either from the country of origin or acquired in Canada preferred
- Passionate about different cultures and the power of learning languages
- Experience in teaching languages and working with children
- Fluent in oral and written – Spanish
- Creative, enthusiastic, and responsible team player
- Strong communication skills
- First Aid and CPR certification
PROGRAM LOCATION & INFORMATION:
- Holy Spirit C.E.S, 15 Gatehouse Dr. Cambridge (Saturday mornings, 9:30-12:00 in Cambridge – September to June) Start Date: September 9, 2017
- $25.63 per hour (plus statutory holiday and vacation pay)
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send a covering letter and a complete resume as well as documentation to support the qualifications identified, to the undersigned, no later than 4:00 p.m., July 14, 2017. Ensure that you include the posting number in the email subject line or on the outside of the envelope.
(POSTING # CE-2017-15)
St. Louis Adult Learning Centres
80 Young Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 4Z1 or
The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Please use one method of application only. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at
(519) 578-3677, ext. 2368 to provide your contact information.