Training & Support Administrative Assistant
August 23, 2017
C.U.P.E. – LOCAL 2512
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
|JOB TITLE:||Training & Support Administrative Assistant|
|LOCATION:||Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber Street W, Kitchener, ON|
|TIME:||35 Hours/Week, 43 weeks/year|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||As soon as possible|
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position will report to the Human Resource Services Officer, CUPE Administration. The position is to provide expert direction on school operating processes and procedures to both elementary and secondary administrative assistants by identifying and resolving work flow problems. Travel throughout the Waterloo Region will be required.
- This position will be responsible to liase with all board office departments and collaborate with administration and admin assistant support staff to identify and recommend necessary supports, training and working procedures.
- Develop standards and procedures for consistency of administrative operations in schools.
- Design and implement appropriate training and professional development programs for admin assistant support staff.
- Prepare, collect, and collate survey information regarding admin assistant support staff and systems.
- When necessary, present reports to administration and admin assistant support staff.
- Provide support and training to all new admin assistant support staff in the elementary or secondary sites.
- Assist with system change implementation.
- Act as liaison with admin assistant support staff and administration.
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration/Business Administration or equivalent combination of experience and education plus additional training in office organization, public relations and leadership.
- Minimum of five (5) years admin assistant experience in a school admin assistant support role with a variety of experiences within the Board and/or involvment on committees.
- Display strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups as well as on a one-on-one basis.
- Ability to work independently, plan work from general procedures and make decisions involving the use of ingenuity, initiative, judgement and resourcefulness.
- Advanced knowledge and ability in Word, Excel and Outlook plus a basic understanding, knowledge and ability to produce Publisher (and/or equivalent) documents as required.
- Valid G drivers licence and a reliable vehicle are required.
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary. Please ensure that you include the posting number in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the mailing envelope. Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on August 31, 2017.
Human Resource Services, Board Office
Fax #: (519) 578-3020, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: The courier service between the Board Office and the schools runs only twice a week. It is the employee’s responsibility to take any action necessary to ensure that their resume/application is received by Human Resource Services before the deadline noted above.
External applicants will be considered if no internal applicants are deemed qualified. External applications are only accepted though our email address email@example.com). Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
This is a Non-Denominational Equal Opportunity Position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information