Temporary Secondary School Librarian (Part-Time 17.5Hrs./Week), St Mary’s
The Secondary School Librarian will provide students and staff with a library resource centre which is managed, organized and administered to serve the educational needs and programs of a Catholic secondary school.
- Provide instruction regarding online searches and research
- Maintain the library website and create online help documents
- Provide reference service and encourage literacy
- Conduct grade 9 orientations
- Circulation and inventory of materials including monitoring overdue materials
- Supervise students during library hours
- Maintain the library collection including purchasing new materials and discarding outdated
- Prepare and administer the library budget
- Consult with teachers on assignments and provide advice and guidance on library resources
- A masters degree in Library Science from an accredited university;
- Previous library experience in working with secondary students is preferred;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience with technology in the library;
- The ability to develop, organize and maintain a collection of library resources using specialized knowledge of library systems;
- Demonstrated experience in exposing students to a continuum of library and research skills.
Written application must include:
- A written letter of application which includes authorization to contact references
- A complete detailed resume
- Documentation of qualifications
SALARY RANGE: PASS level 6 – $58, 780 – $69,153 based on 45 weeks per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment (Pro-Rated Based on Part-time Hours).
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send a covering letter and complete resume to the undersigned, by no later than 4:00pm on July 24, 2017.
(POSTING PASS 2017-12)
Melissa Resmer, Human Resource Services Officer
Waterloo Catholic District School Board
35 Weber Street West, PO Box 91116
Kitchener, ON N2G 4G2
Fax #: 578-3020
Please use one method of application only.
Although we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.