Secondary School Credit Teachers and Supply Teachers – Culinary Program
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2018-61
Applications for the above teaching position at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres are invited from all qualified and interested applicants. The Culinary Teacher(s) will be responsible to the Principal of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres to teach the Culinary Program at St. Louis.
Course Codes: TFJ3E, TFJ4E, TFJ 3C, TFJ 4C
General Description of Duties:
- To develop and deliver the secondary school credit Hospitality & Tourism curriculum in a classroom and kitchen setting
- Work as part of a team to guide and further develop the Culinary Program
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students;
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students
- Liaise with Administration
- Assist in the delivery of the co-operative education component of the Culinary program
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification
- Have Senior teaching qualifications in the subject area (Technological studies- Hospitality Services)
- Have a Red Seal Certificate or equivalent
- Previous Experience in the food industry
- Have previous teaching experience
- Certified rate $43.36 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $38.45 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Sept 4, 2018 – Jun 28, 2019 – M-F – 8:30am – 3:30pm
Location: Main Campus – 80 Young St
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, A copy of current certificate of qualification in the Cook trade and Red Seal certification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: August 10, 2018
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.