Secondary School Credit Teachers and Supply Teachers – Personal Support Worker (PSW) Program, St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2018-62
Applications for the above teaching position at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres are invited from all qualified and interested applicants. The Personal Support Worker Teacher(s) will be responsible to the Principal of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres to teach the Personal Support Worker Program at St. Louis.
Course Codes: TPJ 3C, TPJ 4C, and TOJ 4C
General Description of Duties:
- Developing lesson plans and delivering in-class component of Personal Support Worker credit courses
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students;
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students
- Creating reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement;
- Facilitating Co-op component of Personal Support Worker course, including clinical supervision off campus
- Working as part of a team to guide and further develop the PSW program;
- Participating in staff meetings
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- Registered Nurse holding current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
(However, Registered Nurses with a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and Senior teaching qualifications in the subject area, will be given preference)
- 3 years’ experience in Nursing
- Preference given to those with experience in Long Term Care (LTC) and/or Community Nursing
- Hold a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- Certified rate $43.36 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $38.45 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Sept 4, 2018 – Jun 28, 2019 Day & Evening assignments
Location: Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener or 42 Elliott St., Cambridge
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, A copy of current RN qualifications, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: August 10, 2018
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.