Secondary School Credit Teachers and Supply Teachers – Personal Support Worker (PSW) Program
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2021-116
The Personal Support Worker Teacher(s) will be responsible to the Principal of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres to supervise students during placements in long term care facilities and teach in class courses
Course Codes: TPJ 3CC, TPJ 3C, TPJ 4C, TPJ4CC and TOJ 4C
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
- Delivering in-class component of Personal Support Worker credit courses and/or Facilitating Co-op component of Personal Support Worker course, including clinical supervision off campus
- Developing course materials and curriculum content in accordance with the Ministry of Education Curriculum documents
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students
- To assess students in a range of ways throughout the course and submit final grades and reporting requirements
- Creating reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement
- Monitor and coach students to support success in their placement
- Maintain accurate, up-to date student files, student attendance records, work education agreements, training plans, anecdotal data/monitoring reports
- Working as part of a team to guide and further develop the PSW program
- Participating in staff meetings
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse holding current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other RN or RPN candidates will be considered)
- 3 years’ experience in Nursing
- Preference given to those with experience in Long Term Care (LTC) and/or Community Nursing
- Teaching experience is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding and practice in 21st Century Learning
- Working knowledge of Computer applications (databases, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Classroom, D2L)
- Hold a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- OCT Certified rate $44.89 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $39.80 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Sept 7, 2021 – July 15, 2022 potential Day & Evening assignments – Varies – Up to 37.5 hours per week Assignments may continue in following years
Location: Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener or 515 Langs Dr., Cambridge in-class and in LTC facilities or On-line depending on public health guidelines
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, A copy of current certificate of qualification in the Cook trade and Red Seal certification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: August 10, 2021
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.