Secondary School Credit Teacher – Hospitality Program
St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education
Job Posting Number AC-2017-79
General Description of Duties:
- To deliver the secondary school credit Hospitality & Tourism curriculum in a classroom and an industrial kitchen setting
- Course Codes: TFJ3CI, TFJ4EI, and TFJ 3CC
- Oversee management of internal catering opportunities within the school community
- Work as part of a team to guide and further develop the Hospitality Program
- Assist in the delivery of the co-operative education component of the Hospitality program
- Liaise with Administration
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no certified candidates apply we will consider uncertified candidates)
- Have Senior teaching qualifications in the subject area (Technological studies- Hospitality Services)
- Have a Red Seal Certificate or equivalent
- Previous Experience in the food industry
- Have previous teaching experience
- Hold Co-op Part 1
- Hold Spec Ed Part 1
Salary: $42.93 per hour plus stat and vacation pay
Hours of Work: January 8, 2018 – May 17, 2018 returning September 2018 for full school year
Monday – Thursday 8:15 am – 3:30 pm (Some possible Friday hours) 28 – 30 hours per week
Please ensure all documentation is submitted – Applications will be accepted until December 11, 2017 at 4 pm. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups. This is a non-denominational position.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information on Criminal Background Checks, please refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.