Reporting to the Manager of Supply and Administrative Services, the individual in this position will be a team player who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to add significant value to the operations of the Board. You are responsible for maintaining an enhanced, highly successful P-Card program, the analysis of purchasing information, coordination of supply management functions and the provision of departmental support as required. A strong commitment to customer service is required.
- Administer all aspects of the Board’s purchasing card program including reviewing and processing requests for new cards, reconcilers, and approvers
- Provide customer service to current users for day-to-day management of the program
- Create and maintain an effective user training program for policies, procedures, and reconciliation software
- Analyze transactions, data, and reports to ensure compliance to policies and procedures
- Recommend, develop and implement internal audits of transactional data and the p-card process to ensure compliance to policies and procedures. Work with cardholders and approvers to rectify issues, and make recommendations to manager and others to improve the integrity of the program. Liaise with the Internal Auditor in monitoring and enforcement efforts
- Manage the Board’s relationship with the issuing bank. Coordinate maintenance and enhancements of the program with issuing bank.
- Stay abreast of best practices and evaluate new potential uses for the card program in order to maximize its effectiveness
- Recommend changes to policies based upon analysis, industry best practices, and professional judgment
- Continually monitor the use of the program to minimize risk to the Board
- Create regular and ad hoc reports as needed
- Develop and analyze reports on spending analysis, leading to recommendations on future program improvements
- Analyze purchasing/financial data to determine system contract needs for the organization
- Analyze purchasing data of existing system contracts to determine utilization, compliance and necessary changes to contracts
- Analyze contracts for cost savings/cost avoidance
- Classify data to report Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the Board’s NAV vendor database and ensure its integrity
- Analyze processes on an ongoing basis to minimize purchasing irregularities
Procurement Administration (Consumable Products)
Maintain frequent contact with vendors to ensure requirements are met. Expedites and follows up on orders placed with vendors. Resolves any problems with goods and services, invoicing, customs clearances, incomplete shipments, damages etc. Communicates any delays in purchase orders
- Proactively solicit supply trend data from business sources and prepare analysis
- Serves as a resource to all levels of staff within the organization and provides advice on the procurement process and applicable methods to meet customer/organization needs
- Monitors contractor/vendor performance and provides direction on matters necessitating issue resolution
- Place and/or process orders for commodities
Communications Equipment Administration
- Coordinate all telephony (hard lines and mobile) and PA requirements including equipment, contracts and service
- Develop and implement telephony standards for all board locations, including line types, number of lines, additional features
- Program and maintain extensions, features and system functionality for phones using the Business Element Manger and Call Pilot systems
- Process move/add/change requests for voicemail, extensions and directories completed either internally or through an external service provider
- Develop training documentation and provide training for all desk phones and voicemail
- Monitor and manage the board telephony budget for all locations.
- Process monthly billings and monitor usage.
- Coordinate with Information Services, mobile provider and manufacturer for all new additions, deletions or changes due to personnel changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 Year Business Administration or Material Management diploma
- Two years’ experience preferably in a complex public purchasing and/or accounting environment;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV
- Previous experience with Nortel Business Elements and Call Pilot software
- Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) designation is preferred
- Universal Public Procurement Certification Council – C.P.P.B. designation
SALARY RANGE: Level 3 – $56,279 – $66,208 Placement on salary grid done in accordance with provisions outlined in the PASS (Professional and Administrative Support Staff) Terms of Employment.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send a covering letter and complete resume to the undersigned by no later than 4:00 pm on October 18, 2017. Please ensure that you include the posting number in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the envelope.
(POSTING PASS 2017-17)
Melissa Resmer, Human Resource Services Officer
Waterloo Catholic District School Board
Fax #: 519- 578-3020 Email: email@example.com
ACCESSIBILITY: To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 578-3660. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
Please use one method of application only.
Only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.