International Languages Secondary School Credit Teacher – Polish Language
Course Codes: LWP BD, LWP CU, LWP DU
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2018-71
General Description of Duties:
- Deliver the secondary school international language curriculum in a classroom setting – Polish
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students;
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies including small group, individual, whole class, and co-operative learning experiences;
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students and parents
- Creating annual reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement;
- Ensuring a safe academic environment conducive to learning;
- Promoting positive attitudes towards, and encouraging enthusiasm for language learning;
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities.
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- Have Intermediate & Senior teaching qualifications in the credit language
- Have demonstrable evidence of instructing in the credit language – Polish
- Hold a certification in language instruction from an accredited College or University
- Certified rate $43.36 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $33.35 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Sept 12, 2018 – Jun 17, 2019 (evening classes starting Sept 17, 2018 Wed – 5:30pm- 8:30pm)
Location: Wednesday evening at Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with A copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Please include the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: September 24, 2018 at 4 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.