International Languages Instructor – Polish (REPOST)
Posting # CE-2017-09
Applications for the position of International Language Instructor – Polish are being accepted by the International Languages Program – Elementary for St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres.
- Degree in child development, elementary education or related field strongly preferred
- Preference will be given to those candidates with professional experience teaching languages & working with children
- Passionate about different cultures and the power of learning languages
- Ability to deliver programs in a fun and dynamic approach
- Fluent in oral and written Polish
- Professional proficiency in English
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues on a team
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students;
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies including small group, individual, whole class, and co-operative learning experiences;
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students and parents;
- Creating annual reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement;
- Providing constant supervision of students (before class, during class and after class while they are waiting for their parent/guardian) to ensure their safety and well-being;
- Ensuring a safe academic environment conducive to learning;
- Promoting positive attitudes towards, and encouraging enthusiasm for language learning;
- Using the target language as the language of instruction and communication whenever possible;
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities.
LOCATION AND HOURS:
Cambridge Campus, Holy Spirit, Saturdays, 9:30 am to 12:00 pm starting September 9, 2017.
- $25.63 per hour (plus statutory holiday and vacation pay)
- Written applications, quoting the above posting number, and supporting documentation stating qualifications and experience, will be received until Friday, August 25, 2017 at 4:00 PM by:
Amanda McCraw, Human Resource Services
(Posting # CE-2017-09)
St. Louis Adult & Continuing Education
Email: mailto:email@example.com or Fax: (519) 745-4277
The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Please use one method of application only. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at
(519) 578-3677, ext. 2368 to provide your contact information