Human Resources Administrative Assistant II – WSIB and Attendance Management
Under direction of the Human Resource Services Officer accountable for Total Absence Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Request, receive, and review medical documentation to determine eligibility for sick benefits and/or workplace accommodations in accordance with the Board’s policies and procedures;
- Assist with the WSIB claims management process by investigating incidents, preparing and submitting WSIB claim forms, communicating with the employee, WSIB, and/or health care practitioners verbally or in writing, record and document claim activity;
- Evaluate employee abilities as per medical documentation or standard medical precautions, develop RTW and/or accommodation plans in cooperation with appropriate parties, provide support and actively monitor the plan;
- Participate in, or facilitate, attendance management meetings with employees, supervisors and union representatives;
- Respond to employee inquiries via telephone or email, communicate expectations and responsibilities in accordance with Board policy and procedure;
- Maintain databases and electronic files and preparation of correspondence;
- Monitor and track expenditures in accordance with the program’s annual budget;
- Carry out ad hoc research projects as assigned;
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position;
- Other duties as
- Diploma in Human Resource Administration, Business/Secretarial or a related field or equivalent;
- 2-3 years work experience, preferably with any of the following; WSIB claims, disability management programs, attendance management programs, workplace accommodations, multi-union environments;
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation i.e. Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Code, Protection of Privacy;
- Proven ability to manage conflict and handle confrontational situations;
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a busy environment with unexpected interruptions;
- Strong interpersonal skills along with superior assessment, problem solving and analytical thinking ability;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs and databases, Parklane
Application must include:
- A complete up-to-date personal résumé or curriculum vitae;
- The names of two people who can provide a current professional
Salary Range: $52,596 to $61,879 per annum. Placement on salary grid done in accordance with provisions outlined in the PASS (Professional and Administrative Support Staff) Terms of Employment.
The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Interested applicants are asked to please send a covering letter and complete resume to the address below, by no later than 4:00 pm on August 16, 2017. Please ensure that you include the posting number in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the envelope.
Melissa Resmer Human Resource Services
35 Weber Street West Unit A, PO Box 91116
Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 4G2
Fax # (519) 578-3020
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information. This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position. Please use one method of application only. Only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.