Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Administrative Assistant will work in a highly confidential atmosphere providing support to the Superintendent of Learning. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall day-to-day management and coordination of a planned office setting and effective work base for the superintendent such that Ministry, Board and school policy is implemented and the day to day supervision and operation of our district Catholic schools is effectively carried out.
- Use a variety of software to produce letters, memos, reports, policies, minutes of meetings, meeting agendas, interview preparations, communications and accounting;
- Provide support including: planning, researching, compiling data, analysis of incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports;
- Liaison with administration, Human Resources, school administrators, staff, and parents, etc.
- Respond to calls with answers based on school and Board operations, policies and procedures
- React quickly to emergencies by contacting appropriate administrators
- Maintain electronic calendar of appointments and
- Set up school visit schedule, appointments and coordination of meetings
- Assist with maintaining budgets;
- Absolute confidentiality of job related matters is essential
- Ensure the completion and submission of Ministry (and other) reports as required
- Post-Secondary Graduate with a Diploma/Degree in Business / Administrative Studies or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a secretarial / administrative secretarial position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and working knowledge of the Internet
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of initiative, independence and good judgment
- Proven problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation and board AP memoranda
- Ability to work evening hours
SALARY RANGE: $44,505 – $52,360. (Placement on Level 2 salary grid in accordance with Professional & Administrative Support Staff Terms of Employment )
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send a covering letter and complete resume, to the undersigned, by no later than 4:00 pm on October 23, 2017. Please ensure that you include the posting number in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the mailing envelope.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.
*Only those individuals granted an interview will be contacted
Successful candidates may be required to provide a satisfactory police background check