English as a Second Language Supply Instructors
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres
Posting # CE-2017- 25
Applications for English Language Supply Instructors for St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education Centres’ LINC and ESL Programs are invited from all qualified and interested candidates.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Preparing and delivering Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) level appropriate lessons based on the ESL/LINC guidelines
- Providing learner–centered language instruction using resources and activities sensitive to cultural differences
- Assessing learners’ needs, development and skill levels in accordance with CLB guidelines using CLB based assessment tools
- Implementing PBLA approach to teaching and assessment
- Sharing community support contact information with students
- Use of professionally acceptable and effective classroom management strategies following LINC/ESL procedures
- Current TESL Ontario Accredited Certification
- Experience teaching in an ESL setting
- Experience working with adult learners
- Experience working with PBLA
- $32.81 per hour, plus Statutory Holiday and Vacation Pay
Written applications and supporting documentation will be received by the undersigned, until 4:00 pm on Monday November 6, 2017. Please include the posting number in the email subject line or on the outside of the envelope.
(POSTING # CE-2017-25)
Amanda McCraw, Human Resource Services
St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education Centres
80 Young Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 4Z1
Please use one method of application only. Although we thank all applicants, only those granted interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal background check. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, ext. 2368 to provide your contact information.