Educational Assistant Supply List
At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration of our Educational Assistant Supply List.
- Abide by the Board’s Professional Standards of Ethics and adhere to all Board policies and procedures.
- Strive for continual improvement.
- Have a sound knowledge of all areas of responsibility.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Promote a team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist with the implementation of Individual Education Plan/Behaviour Support Plan under the direction of the Classroom teacher and Special Education teacher.
- To assist students with hygiene and personal care such as toileting, feeding, dressing and mobility devices.
- To assist students who are experiencing behavioural difficulties.
- To assist students who may be physically and verbally aggressive.
- To assist with mobility and transferring from various positions (this may require lifting).
- To assist operation of specialized equipment.
- To assist in occupational and physiotherapy strategies as directed by school personnel in consultation with School Health Services.
- To assist with the supervision of in-school and out-of-school activities for students with challenging needs.
- To assist students with challenging needs in meeting/boarding the bus/taxi.
- To assist with data gathering under the direction of the Classroom teacher and Special Education teacher.
- Regular consultation/meeting with In-school team members.
- Minimum an Educational Assistant Diploma; or
- A college diploma/certificate in the following areas will be accepted: Developmental Services Worker/Social Services Worker Diplomas, Personal Support Worker Certificate; or
- Early Childhood Education college diploma and a Resource Teacher certificate with related work experience.
- Related work experience with children with special needs.
- BMS (Behaviour Management System) training is a definite asset.
HOURLY RATE: $23.23 per hour
Complete Applications must be submitted directly to the posting and will be received up to
12:00 pm (noon) on October 17, 2017. Applications are accepted via Apply to Education (www.applytoeducation.com) or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/. This posting is for consideration for the Supply List.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful candidates will be required to pass a physical prescreening test as a condition of employment.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.
This is a Non-Denominational Equal Opportunity Position.