Administrative Assistant Supply List
At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration of our Administrative Assistant Supply List.
- Abide by the Board’s Professional Standards of Ethics and adhere to all Board policies and procedures;
- Strive for continual improvement;
- Have a sound knowledge of all areas of responsibility;
- Be accountable for your actions;
- Promote a team environment.
The following are examples of Administrative Assistant positions available at our Board:
- Administrative Assistant (Elementary)
- Administrative Assistant (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Lead (Elementary)
- Administrative Assistant – Library (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Attendance (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Guidance (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Student Information Systems (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Program Services (Board Office)
- Administrative Assistant – Student Services (Board Office)
- Administrative Assistant – Lead (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Continuing Education (St. Louis Adult Learning Centres)
- Administrative Assistant – Maintenance
- Administrative Assistant – Facility Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Reception duties – including receiving/directing students and visitors, recording and distributing messages, Responding to inquiries, sort, deliver incoming courier mail, arrange Purolator courier pick-ups and delivery;
- Compose, process and complete as directed all correspondence including letters, reports, memos, etc.;
- Compile, maintain and file records and spreadsheets as directed;
- Enter and verify daily staff absenteeism when required;
- Compile, maintain internal & external telephone directory;
- Operate, maintain and monitor general office equipment such as fax machine, photocopier, etc;
- Provide back up to other administrative assistant positions as directed and required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year college diploma in a related field in either Business Administration or Office Administration;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions, and deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook software;
- Working knowledge of the Internet would be a definite asset.
HOURLY RATE: $22.65 – $25.30 per hour (dependent upon position)
Complete Applications must be submitted directly to the posting and will be received up to 4:00 pm on October 17, 2017. Applications are accepted via Apply to Education (www.applytoeducation.com) or via email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/. This posting is for consideration for the Supply List.
Those selected must first successfully complete computer testing before their interview will be scheduled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Non-Denominational Equal Opportunity Position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.