September 20, 2017
C.U.P.E. – LOCAL 2512
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant to Principal Section 23
PLACEMENT: Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours/week – 52 weeks/year
EFFECTIVE DATE: As soon as possible
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Administrative functions such as coordinating appointments, meetings, interviews, conference calls, register staff for workshops, book transportation and accommodations, maintain emergency phone tree, and other clerical functions.
- Book guest speakers, arrange for catering where necessary and provide administrative support for system-wide professional development days;
- Contact for new staff to department – coordinate with other departments for furniture, phone, laptops, ID, FOB, PCard and Blackberry.
- Receive, respond and place phone calls for Senior Managers and Principal Section 23
- Prepare and draft budget for submission by managers, prepare purchase orders, cheque requisitions, journal entries, budget and PCard reconciliation as required.
- Prepare and update documentation and spreadsheets including memoranda, correspondence, confidential reports and track and monitor departmental budget, Ministry grants, statistical reports and requisitions to identify concerns to managers.
- Complete staff timesheets where necessary.
- Run school enrolment reports monthly for Section 23 and input student attendance for YAP in months of July and August.
- Perform reception duties such as receiving and directing visitors, recording and distributing messages, and responding to inquiries,
- Order, receive, distribute, and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- As required provide immediate emergency contact with social workers and follow up.
- Duplicate and collate administrative material.
- Adhere to board policies, procedures, and legislative requirements as they pertain to confidentiality.
- Interact with board employees, business representatives, representatives from professional agencies, government and other social service establishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year College Diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration, or equivalent post-secondary education and/or experience.
- 1-2 years administrative work experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher.
- Knowledge of Board and Ministry policies and procedures would be an asset.
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary. Please ensure that you include the posting number in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the mailing envelope. Applications will be received up until 4:00pm on September 28, 2017.
Human Resource Services, Board Office
Fax #: (519) 578-3020
External applicants will be considered if no internal applicants are deemed qualified. External applications are only accepted though our email address email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
This is a Non-Denominational Equal Opportunity Position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.