October 11, 2017
C.U.P.E. – LOCAL 2512
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Guidance/SAS (Secondary)
HOURLY RATE: $23.23/hour to $24.58/hour
LOCATION: Monsignor Doyle Catholic Secondary School, Cambridge, Ontario
TIME: 35 Hours/Week, 12 months/year
EFFECTIVE DATE: Approximately October 23, 2017
- Abide by applicable laws and policies with respect to access, use, or disclosure of student and Board data and information and ensure confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Abide by the department/site Code of Conduct and Board’s Professional Standards of Ethics and adhere to all Board policies and procedures.
- Strive for continual improvement in all aspects of the position and engage in sound time-management practices.
- Promote a team environment, be accountable for your actions and have a sound knowledge of all areas of the responsibilities of the position.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Greet and direct parents and students to relevant information, staff and resources and field phone calls.
- Accept and process all registrations as well as follow procedures for student departures.
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports such as student records (i.e., O.S.R.’s, ).
- Set up student/counselor appointments and book conference rooms.
- Track students and compile transition statistics on student enrolment and retirement records.
- Process correspondence and Trillium reports as required, and maintain confidential information.
- Maintain student information in student information system.
- Maintenance of records including , i.e., OSR’s, transcripts, college and university applications, legal and court documents, transportation lists, etc..
- Generate transcipts as needed; prepare and co-ordinate correspondence, lists, charts, handouts, etc., as requied by the department staff or requested by other parents, other agencies, etc.
- Complete any assignments delegated by the Administrative Assistant – Lead as needed.
- Operate general office equipment such as photocopier.
- Oversee all the administrative assistant duties with regards to the Award Ceremony and the Graduation Ceromony.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year college diploma in either Business Administration or Office Administration.
- 1-2 years similar work experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to work tactfully and diplomatically when approached by students and parents.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions, and deadlines.
- Advanced level knowledge and demonstrated ability in Word, Excel and Publisher software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Trillium or similar relational database would be a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and Outlook would be a definite asset.
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary. Please ensure that you include the posting number in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the mailing envelope. Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on October 19, 2017.
Human Resource Services
Fax #: (519) 578-3020
PLEASE NOTE: The courier service between the Board Office and the schools runs only twice a week. It is the employee’s responsibility to take any action necessary to ensure that their resume/application is received by Human Resource Services before the deadline noted above.
External applicants will be considered if no internal applicants are deemed qualified. External applications are only accepted though our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
This is a Non-Denominational Equal Opportunity Position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.