October 12, 2017
Position: Administrative Assistant (Elementary) [Part-time]
Location: St. Anne Catholic Elementary School, Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: approx. 42 weeks/year
Work Schedule: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm (Mon – Fri)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To assist with the administrative duties of the school on a daily basis.
- Responsible for answering phones, opening and distributing mail and assisting students with their needs.
- Perform receptionist duties such as receiving and directing visitors, receiving and placing telephone calls, distributing mail/couriers/faxes/emails, recording and distributing messages, signing for material delivered or services rendered, responding to inquiries where directed by the principal, scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Operate, maintain and update the Trillium System and use the Trillium System for attendance purposes, recording new information, creating school reports and registrations.
- Compile, maintain and file confidential records such as Ontario Student Records (O.S.R.), budget records, staff and student absenteeism, requisitions and reports.
- Some responsibility for handling/processing cash, purchace orders and cheques.
- Assist with reporting card printing and J/K registration.
- Photocopy and distribute correspondence and reports such as letters to parents, monthly newsletters, memos, monthly reports and confidential records.
- Maintain office and school supplies.
- Operate general office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, PA system and computers.
- Facilitate student attendance procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1 – 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions using ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership and research skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Knowledge and ability in Trillium (or similar relational database), Kimputer and Navision (an asset).
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Qualified and interested internal applicants who wish to increase or decrease their contractual status or interested external candidates are requested to submit an application complete with a resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you are an internal applicant that has been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary. Please include the opportunity bulletin number with your resume. Applications for this position will be received until 4:00 pm on October 20, 2017.
Human Resource Services
Fax #: (519) 578-3020, Email: email@example.com
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: The courier service between the Board Office and the schools runs only once a week. It is the employee’s responsibility to take any action necessary to ensure that their resume/application is received by Human Resource Services before the deadline noted above.
This is a Non-Denominational Equal Opportunity Position
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.