CUPE Local 2512
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
Administrative Assistant (Attendance) – Level 3
Monsignor Doyle Catholic Secondary School, Cambridge, ON
General Description of Duties:
- Facilitate student attendance procedures and provide atttendance information to social services when required adhering to specific guidelines.
- Receive students in the attendance office – prepare, issue and file admit slips and notes.
- Maintain accurate attendance records.
- Compile and maintain files, spreadsheets, folders for student related attendance and other information as required.
- Prepare correspondence, scan documents and maintain filing in accordance with policy on retention of records.
- Use the Trillium System to prepare and print school attendance related reports and lists for distribution to teachers.
- Maintain the automated attendance call-out system, record and send general school announcements to student households.
- Communicate with parents/teachers and administration regarding student attendance.
- Perform receptionist duties such as required.
- Assist with the collection of materials at semester end, including checking accuracy in OSR files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two-year College Diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1-2 years of work experience.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership, and research skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point software.
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry Policies and procedures (an asset).
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Trillium (or relational database) would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $22.65 – $23.97 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm (includes ½ unpaid lunch break)
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.