CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL POSITIONS – SECRETARY – SECONDARY
General Description of Duties
- Compose and type correspondence and reports and letters;
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports such as budget records, staff absenteeism and requisitions;
- Perform receptionist duties such as receiving and directing visitors, receive and place telephone calls, record and distribute messages and respond to inquiries where directed by the principal, schedule meetings and appointments;
- Order, receive, distribute and maintain office and school supplies;
- Attend staff meetings and record minutes;
- Duplicate and collate administrative material;
- Operate general office equipment such as typewriters, duplicating machines, computers, scanners;
- Monitor and maintain school budget;
- Monitor and maintain automated attendance system, voice mail system and security surveillance system;
- Coordinate the duties of secretarial staff.
- Secretarial and/or Office Administration courses or a level of knowledge and understanding equivalent plus additional training in keyboarding, office organization and public relations;
- 2-3 years similar work experience;
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions involving the use of ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Word and Excel at the basic level with the understanding that these skills will improve beyond the basic level.