CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL POSITIONS – SECRETARY – GUIDANCE
General Description of Duties
- Know and operate sub-systems of the Student Administration System (SAS) and some aspects of scheduling;
- Knowledge of SAS system for record keeping;
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports such as student records (OSR’s etc.);
- Track students and compile statistics on student enrolment and retirement records;
- Operate general office equipment such as computer, typewriter and photocopier;
- Process correspondence and reports as required, and maintain confidential information;
- Maintain confidential information.
- Secretarial and/or Office Administration courses or a level of knowledge and understanding equivalent plus additional training in keyboarding, office organization and public relations;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Word and Excel at the basic level with the understanding that these skills will improve beyond the basic level;
- 1-2 years similar work experience;
- Ability to plan work from general procedures;
- Demonstrates good decision making skills involving the use of considerable ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.