CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL POSITIONS – SECRETARY – ATTENDANCE
General Description of Duties
- Student attendance;
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports such as student records;
- Perform receptionist duties such as receiving/directing students, parents and visitors, recording and distributing messages and responding to inquiries;
- Maintain confidential information for student files;
- Operate photocopier and SAS system for attendance purposes and reports;
- Assist with the collection of materials at semester end;
- Communicating with parents regarding student attendance.
- Secretarial and/or Office Administration courses or a level of knowledge and understanding equivalent plus additional training in keyboarding, office organization and public relations;
- Secondary school education or a level of knowledge and understanding equivalent plus additional training in typing, office organization and public relations;
- 1-2 years similar work experience;
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions involving the use of ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability Word and Excel at the basic level with the understanding that these skills will improve beyond the basic level.