General Description of Duties
- Supports the delivery of curriculum and the development of information literacy by helping staff and students locate and use relevant print and electronic resources;
- Delivers regular book exchanges, readers advisory, and reading aloud to groups of students; assists with school-based literacy initiatives;
- Provides annual orientation and training of students and staff on the organization of the library collection as well as library policies and procedures;
- Maintains the library budget, and selects new library materials based on Board guidelines and the needs of school community;
- Catalogues and circulates library materials using the automated library system;
- Maintains patron and bibliographic records using reports, and undertakes regular inventories of the library collection as outlined in Board policies;
- Maintains the AV equipment collection, and provides basic set-up and troubleshooting;
- Promotes library services and literacy activities within the school and parent community through book fairs, web pages, and newsletters.
- Must have completed the Library and Information Technician Diploma in addition to one (1) or two (2) years of experience working with children in a school or public library.