WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applicants for the position of
Behaviour Analyst APSSP 2018 – 06
1 – 0.2 FTE position
The Behavioural Analyst will be responsible to undertake the following:
- Conduct data driven functional behaviour assessments/analysis
- Administer & interpret level “B” assessment materials (non-diagnostic systems)
- Monitor functional behaviour interventions and data recording systems
- Liaise between home, school, system staff and community (as appropriate)
- Provide clinical consultation to families and staff in conjunction with the Behaviour Team Clinical Psychologist
- Actively participate as a member of the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Team
- Build capacity by offering professional development to school and system staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Masters Degree with specialization in areas such as psychology, science, or other areas deemed equivalent. BCBA designation or the Ontario BACB Alternative Qualifications is required.
- Qualification training level “B” assessment testing materials
- Experience with the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI)
- Experience working with children and youth with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Dual Diagnosis
- Experience with the development of proactive behaviour intervention & modification
- Experience in the scientific field of applied behavioural analysis, behaviour modification & CPS
- Experience with school aged children in an educational setting is essential
- Experience with students with exceptional behavioural challenges & needs
- Must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Hold a current behaviour management systems certificate or equivalent
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and data software
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Participation in ongoing professional leadership development activities to enhance clinical practice
- Familiarity with a wide range of special education services
$58,278-89,613 per year based on 194 school days per year and evaluation of years of experience in accordance with the provisions of the APSSP Collective Agreement.
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send your application to the undersigned no later than 12:00 pm on June 28, 2018. Ensure that you included the posting number and your name in the email subject line.
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre – 35 Weber Street West, Unit A, Kitchener, Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email email@example.com. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.