Autism Support Facilitator – 45 weeks/year
Job Posting Number PASS 2018-09
Responsible for coordinating Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) training, providing school and student support and resources related to students with ASD
- Implement effective strategies for students with ASD to ensure student success in an educational setting;
- Assist principals, teachers and support staff in creating behaviour intervention and safety plans;
- Build capacity by offering professional development and training to WCDSB staff for students with ASD;
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary behavioural team in regards to students with ASD;
- Assist in the transition of students with ASD;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a postsecondary degree/diploma or equivalent field experience in autism and behavioural science;
- Experience providing and/or facilitating adult learning and training;
- Experience working with children and youth who have special education needs, in particular those who have autism spectrum disorders;
- Training in applied behaviour analysis principles from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge of the elementary and secondary education system in Ontario;
- Familiarity with special education issues, particularly those relevant to children & youth with autism spectrum disorders;
- Excellent organizational and coordinating skills;
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and be able to use own vehicle.
- BCBA certified or working towards designation ;
- Bachelor Degree with a specialization in areas such as psychology or behaviour analysis.
PASS Level 4, $52,112 – $61,308.00 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent .8 FTE: 28 hours per week/45 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre – 35 Weber Street West, Unit A, Kitchener, Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. for external applicants and firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until June 25, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.