After-School Program Facilitator for Short Term International Students
Job Posting Number: RDO-2019-01
General Description of Duties:
After School Program (ASP) Facilitators duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating and monitoring the ASP delivered at school site
- Leading, supervising and accompanying students during out-of-school excursions and programs
- Ensuring students’ safety at all times during the ASP
- Reporting to Research and Development Office Program Coordinator on a weekly basis to review and assess the effectiveness of the program
- Working in collaboration with international educators to fully engage students in the participation of the program
- Experience working with youth of diverse cultural backgrounds, preferably, English Language Learner (ELL) students
- Previous experience instructing athletic or sporting activities
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Salary Level or Salary Range Starting At $ 20.00/hr
Hours of Work: casual supply. The Program will run four (4) days a week: Mon, Wed and Fri for 3 hours a day and Saturdays for approximately 8 to 10 hours from May to June, July to August and September to November every year
- During weekdays, the ASP will be delivered within WCDSB schools, or at a site/venue in the community such as bowling, skating, museum, etc.
- On Saturdays, students will visit a well-known Canadian venue such as: CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Canada’s Wonderland and others.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be accepted until April 26, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.