At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration for our Administrative Assistant Supply List (onboarding will occur on April 6, 2021).
The following are examples of Administrative Assistant positions available at our Board:
- Administrative Assistant – Elementary or Secondary
- Administrative Assistant – Lead Elementary or Secondary
- Administrative Assistant – Attendance, Guidance (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Program & Student Services (Board Office)
- Administrative Assistant – Continuing Education (St. Louis Adult Learning Centres)
- Administrative Assistant – Maintenance & Facility Services
General Description of Duties for Daily Supply Admin Assistants:
- Reception duties, i.e. receiving/directing students and visitors, answering phones, recording and distributing messages, liaison for student transportation as necessary, responding to inquiries, sort, deliver incoming courier mail, arrange courier pick-ups and delivery.
- Manage and complete the Student attendance in accordance with Safe Schools Act (training provided).
- Compile, maintain and file records and spreadsheets as directed.
- Compose, process and complete as directed all correspondence including letters, emails, reports, etc.
- Enter and verify daily staff absenteeism when required.
- Operate, maintain and monitor general office equipment such as photocopier, printers etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year college diploma in a related field in either Business Administration or Office Administration and two year’s related secretarial/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions, and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Outlook and web based software.
Hourly Rate: $23.69 – $26.46 per hour (dependent upon position)
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on March 5, 2021.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: www.applytoeducation.com. For ApplytoEducation assistance, please contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience, to perform the duties of this job. Include your Diplomas/Certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Record Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.