The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides services to students in 50 schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region.
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration for our Administrative Assistant Supply List (onboarding will occur on November 24, 2021).
The following are examples of Administrative Assistant positions available at our Board:
- Administrative Assistant – Elementary or Secondary
- Administrative Assistant – Lead Elementary or Secondary
- Administrative Assistant – Attendance, Guidance (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Program & Student Services (Board Office)
- Administrative Assistant – Continuing Education (St. Louis Adult Learning Centres)
- Administrative Assistant – Maintenance & Facility Services
General Description of Duties for Daily Supply Admin Assistants:
- Reception duties, i.e. receiving/directing students and visitors, answering phones, recording and distributing messages, liaison for student transportation as necessary, responding to inquiries, sort, deliver incoming courier mail, arrange courier pick-ups and delivery.
- Manage and complete the Student attendance in accordance with Safe Schools Act (training provided).
- Compile, maintain and file records and spreadsheets as directed.
- Compose, process and complete as directed all correspondence including letters, emails, reports, etc.
- Enter and verify daily staff absenteeism when required.
- Operate, maintain and monitor general office equipment such as photocopier, printers etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year college diploma in a related field in either Business Administration or Office Administration and two year’s related secretarial/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions, and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Outlook and web based software.
Hourly Rate: $23.93 – $26.72 per hour (dependent upon position)
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on October 8, 2021.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
External Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https/ /wcdsb.simplication.com . For ApplytoEducation assistance, please contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.