CUPE Local 2512
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
Administrative Assistant (Student Services) [Part-time] – Level 3
Learning Services (Student Services) at the Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
Opportunity Bulletin #OB-2018-02
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Work with special education resource teachers, community workplace officer and adaptative technology special education teacher and is the immediate emergency contact with social workers.
- Process correspondence and reports as required, and maintain confidential information.
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports.
- Receive and direct visitors and respond to their inquiries, receive and place telelphone calls, record and distribute messages.
- Maintain and reconcile department budgets through Navision and prepare purchase orders, cheque requisitions and journal entries.
- Register board staff for conferences, book their hotels and provide directions to conferences.
- Register employees, book speakers, prepare resource packages and book catering for professional activity day conferences, for workshops and for system-wide professional activity days.
- Input data into Electronic Registrar Online (ERO) system and monitor registrations to workshops and in-services as well as guide staff inquiries through the Board’s web site.
- Operate and maintain general office equipment such as computers, scanners and photocopiers.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- Possess 1 – 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions using ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership and research skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Advanced level knowledge and demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Trillium, Navision and Electronic Registrar Online system (ERO).
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Hourly Rate: $22.65 – $23.97 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Part-time, 17.5 hours per week
Work schedule to be determined by the supervisor
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested internal applicants who wish to increase or decrease their contractual status or interested external candidates are requested to submit an application complete with a resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you are an internal applicant that has been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications for this position will be received until 4:00 pm on June 18, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.