(Seniority is not a determining factor)
Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide administrative and clerical duties and support for the student services department.
- Maintain and update department databases and spreadsheets for tracking and administrative purposes.
- Maintaining and updating departmental budgets.
- Update board’s PD registration site as required and monitor registrations for workshops and in-services.
- Compile and format curriculum documents, departmental resources, and other correspondence.
- Maintain databases for budgets and prepare purchase orders, cheque requisitions, journal entries, and P-card purchases.
- Prepare letters, reports, memos, and newsletters as directed.
- Track office equipment, office supplies and prepare requests to purchase goods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year College Diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1-2 years administrative work experience.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher.
- Knowledge of Board and Ministry policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $22.65 to $23.97 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Supervisor
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and external applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on June 14, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation Statement: If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.