CUPE LOCAL 2512 December 3, 2018
Administrative Assistant (Secondary) – Level 3
Job Posting #C-2018-27.2
(Seniority will not be a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- To assist with the administrative duties of the school on a daily basis.
- Receptionist duties while covering the front desk:
- answering and placing phones,
- assisting students and staff with their needs
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Signing for material delivered or services rendered
- Open, distribute and where necessary photocopy, mail, courier, faxes, emails, correspondence/ reports, etc.
- Respond to inquiries where directed by the principal, scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Provide break coverage and support to other admin assistants in the school.
- Provide clerical support to the guidance and Student Attendance System (SAS) areas as needed.
- update Trillium where necessary and directed by the Principal.
- Compile, maintain and file confidential records.
- Suspensions – organize information, maintain database, distribute, file
- Some responsibility for handling/processing cash, purchace orders and cheques.
- Student Medical Information – prepare and distribute appropriate forms (Ryan’s Law, Sabrina’s Law, Diabetic), maintain tracking of returned forms, file.
- Photocopiers – setup and maintain photocopier accounts and machines, ordering and maintenance of office/school supplies; maintain toner inventory, paper stock, and submit order requests to the finance department as needed;
- Support Oncall procedures for teacher supervision minutes through Edge4.
- Submission of OSBIE claims for students.
- No Trespass notices – generate letters and distribute accordingly; update and maintain current reference list
- Lockers – allocating, distributing information, inputting information, locker maintenance
- Maintain general office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, PA system and computers.
- Perform other duties as required by the Principal.
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1 – 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions using ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership and research skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Knowledge and ability in Trillium (or similar relational database), Edge 4 and Navision (both an asset).
- Understand and follow Board policies and procedures; awareness of Ministry policies would be an asset.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Hourly Rate: $22.88 to $24.21 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: St. Benedict Catholic Secondary School, Cambridge, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on December 11, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.