CUPE Local 2512
Administrative Assistant – Lead (Secondary) – Level 6
St. Benedict Catholic Secondary School, Cambridge, ON
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
(Some duties may be delegated to other administrative assistants at the school)
- Facilitate administrative assistant meetings and direct and delegate duties of administrative assistant staff as well as scheduling extra help or providing relief back up when required.
- Training, supporting and leading of administrative assistant staff.
- Communicate to school staff, board staff, students, parents and other bodies electronically and through correspondence.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining of office equipment.
- Assist with the administration of safety and emergency procedures and incident investigation.
- Maintenance of codes, supplies and the key distribution for all staff as well as distributing and organizing student lockers.
- Responsible for processing, prioritizing, developing and maintaining correspondence for administration, the maintenance of the Staff Handbook, the excursion form collection, the creation of Graduation Certificates, the maintaining the Out of Boundary binder and lists, the staff picture board and mailroom maintenance, and the creation of the monthly calendar for school events, processing accident reports, creation and distribution of the school newsletter, maintain the ‘Emergency’ booklet, and act as school council liaison.
- Maintain, record, verify and track staff absences in SmartFind; prepare CUPE Additional Hours timesheets and liaise with Human Resources to ensure replacement staff are provided.
- Monitoring of students referred to the main office.
- The maintenance and operation of the phone system and the voice mail system as well as the maintenance of the Edge4 On-Call
- The processing of packages and filing of reports for EQAO and ensuring confidentiality and security of information.
- Summer organization for starting up the school year and liaising with groups using the school during the summer.
- Coordinating student registration and responsible for summer mailing to new students and all staff.
- Unpacking and checking off purchase orders and distributing items to appropriate program area (summer).
- Administrating protocol for students who have high risk medical conditions.
- Other administrative assistant duties as assigned.
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- Possess 1-2 years related work experience.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, leadership, and research skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Advanced level knowledge and demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point software.
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry Policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Trillium (or similar relational database), Smartfind, Onsis and Navision would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $25.30 to $26.77 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
7:30 am – 3:30 pm (includes one hour unpaid lunch break)
Weeks/Year: 52 weeks/year
Effective Date: August 27, 2018
(Please note that training in the position may be during the period of August 20-24, 2018)
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on July 6, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com.
Accommodation Statement: If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.