CUPE LOCAL 2512 February 11, 2019
Administrative Assistant – Lead (Elementary) – Level 6
Job Posting #C-2019-09
(Seniority is a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Operate, maintain and update the Trillium System and use the Trillium System for attendance purposes, school reports, registrations, transfers and retirements.
- Responsible for accurate payment and invoicing for all school generated funds following all processes as identified by Business & Finance.
- Collect, deposit and reconcile school generated funds in a timely manner following Business and Finance directives.
- Compile and maintain school account information and maintain the ongoing yearly budget file for the school budget.
- Compile, maintain and file confidential records such as Ontario Student Records (O.S.R.), budget records, staff and student absenteeism, requisitions, school council records and reports.
- Perform reception duties such as receiving and directing visitors, receiving and placing telephone calls, distributing mail/couriers/faxes/emails, recording and distributing messages, responding to inquiries where directed by the principal, scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Complete all student registrations, transfers and related procedures.
- Compose, process and distribute correspondence and reports such as letters to parents/administration, monthly newsletter (with the direction of the Administrator), monthly reports and confidential records; report card printing for teaching staff (3 times per school year).
- Order, receive, distribute and maintain office and school supplies.
- Facilitate student attendance procedures and visitor/volunteer procedures.
- Coordinate the duties of the administrative assistant staff where the school has a Administrative Assistant (Elementary) position.
- Maintain First Aid supplies and log book as well as support the safe distribution and logging of student medications.
- Maintain and provide all school level and Board forms and templates.
- Operate general office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, PA system, walkie talkies and computers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1-2 years related work experience.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Advanced level knowledge and demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Trillium (or similar relational database), Kimputer and Navision.
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $26.17 – $27.31 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: Holy Rosary Catholic Elementary School, Waterloo, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 43 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (and/or email@example.com). Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on February 20, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.