Job Posting Number PASS 2018-14
The Administrative Assistant Human Resources1 – Continuing Education (Con Ed) will assist the Human Resource Services Officer – Continuing Education in the administration of staffing, compensation, and employment processes for Secondary School Credit Teachers (ConEd), ESL and LINC Instructors, Childcare Workers, International Language and Citizenship Instructors, and other Continuing Education employees to ensure compliance with the Collective Agreements, established HRS processes, and HRS policies.
The Administrative Assistant HR 1 – Con Ed will:
- Provide administrative support through preparation of letters, memos, and other correspondence in relation to hiring, leaves (including statutory and unpaid), resignations, retirements, employment verifications, teaching experience for SSC staff, seniority lists and the OSSTF transfer process.
- Enter information in the HRIS system (iSYS).
- Maintain the Master Staff List.
- Assist in the preparation of hiring, orientation and training packages, the collection of information for reports.
- Preparation of job postings and processing of applications, and the collection of employee information.
- Receive HRS mail and faxes, answer telephone calls, inquiries, and emails regarding HRS processes, Collective Agreements, benefits, job postings, application processes.
- Perform other general office duties as assigned by the HRS Officer – Con Ed.
- Ensure that confidentiality of information (documents, emails, conversations, notes, records etc.) is maintained at all times.
- 2 Year College Program
(Human Resources Management Certificate or Executive Administrative Assistant Diploma or equivalent education)
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a professional office environment
- Knowledge and experience in HR processes and policies
- Excellent Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- PASS Level 1 annual salary $49,155 – $57, 831 (Part time range $24,578 – $28,916)
Hours of Work: Permanent Part time: 17.5 hours per week 52 weeks per year.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants or email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: July 23, 2018 at 4:00pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups. Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.