CUPE Local 2512 June 10, 2019
Administrative Assistant – Guidance/SAS (Secondary) – Level 4
Job Posting C-2019-21
(Seniority is a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Greet and direct parents and students to relevant information, staff and resources and field phone calls.
- Accept and process all registrations as well as follow procedures for student departures.
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports such as student records (i.e., O.S.R.’s, ).
- Set up student/counselor appointments and book conference rooms.
- Track students and compile transition statistics on student enrollment and retirement records.
- Process correspondence and Trillium reports as required, and maintain confidential information.
- Maintain student information in student information system.
- Maintenance of records including filing., i.e., OSR’s, transcripts, college and university applications, legal and court documents, transportation lists, etc..
- Generate transcripts as needed; prepare and co-ordinate correspondence, lists, charts, handouts, etc., as required by the department staff or requested by other parents, other agencies, etc.
- Complete any assignments delegated by the Administrative Assistant – Lead as needed.
- Operate general office equipment.
- Administrative assistant duties with regards to the Award Ceremony and the Graduation Ceremony.
Job Requirements:Two (2) year college diploma in either Business Administration or Office Administration.
- 1-2 years similar work experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to work tactfully and diplomatically when approached by students and parents.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions, and deadlines.
- Advanced level knowledge and demonstrated ability in Word, Excel and Publisher software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Trillium or similar relational database would be a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and Outlook would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $23.69 – $25.08 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work Schedule determined by the Principal
Weeks/Year: 52 Weeks/Year
Location: Resurrection Catholic Secondary School, Kitchener, ON
Effective Date: July 2, 2019
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on June 18, 2019
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com.
Accommodation Statement: If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.