CUPE Local 2512 May 3, 2019
Administrative Assistant (Elementary) [Part-time] – Level 3
Opportunity Bulletin #OB-2019-03
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
General Discription of Duties:
- To assist with the administrative duties of the school on a daily basis.
- Responsible for answering phones, opening and distributing mail and assisting students with their needs.
- Perform receptionist duties such as receiving and directing visitors, receiving and placing telephone calls, distributing mail/couriers/faxes/emails, recording and distributing messages, signing for material delivered or services rendered, responding to inquiries where directed by the principal, scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Operate, maintain and update the Trillium System and use the Trillium System for attendance purposes, recording new information, creating school reports and registrations.
- Compile, maintain and file confidential records such as Ontario Student Records (O.S.R.), staff and student absenteeism, requisitions and reports.
- Some responsibility for handling/processing cash, purchace orders and cheques.
- Assist with reporting card printing and J/K registration.
- Photocopy and distribute correspondence and reports such as letters to parents, monthly newsletters, memos, monthly reports and confidential records.
- Maintain office and school supplies.
- Operate general office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, PA system and computers.
- Facilitate student attendance procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1 – 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions using ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution,
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Knowledge and ability in Trillium (or similar relational database), and Navision (an asset).
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Hourly Rate: $23.11 to $24.45 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Part-time, 17.5 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: St. Teresa Catholic Elementary School, Cambridge, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: August 26, 2019
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on May 14, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify on the application if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code for recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.