CUPE LOCAL 2512
September 4, 2018
Administrative Assistant I (Continuing Education) – Level 4
Job Posting #C-2017-28.2
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Administrative duties pertaining to student registration in the LINC classrooms and LINC child-minding.
- Welcome and orient new students to the LINC program as well as check students’ documentation to ensure eligibility.
- Monitor weekly attendance in data base for all LINC students and record children’s attendance.
- Create a variety of reports including iCARE monthly reports, and maintain files as required.
- Communication with staff, students, child care personnel and outside organizations to ensure accuracy of records and assessment information.
- Answer phone and return voice and email messages.
- Enter and keep track of students benchmarks and progress students to new LINC levels, maintain updated student files.
- Monitor office and instructional supply needs and create orders.
- Other office duties that are requested by the program manager.
- Two (2) year college diploma in a related field in either Business Administration or Office Administration.
- 1-2 years similar work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in database management and reporting.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity when communicating with students and personnel from various community agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cross cultural issues and an ability to communicate effectively with non-English speaking students.
- Possess excellent people skills and ability to maintain boundaries, while moving clients along in an efficient manner.
- Possessing the knowledge and understanding of principles of adult education as well as local agencies and the supports they provide would be a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with external and internal contacts.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated ability in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of more than one language would be an asset (i.e., French, Spanish, Chinese, etc.).
- Knowledge of databases and Microsoft Access and comfort with learning new technology tools are definite assets.
Hourly Rate: $23.46 – $24.83 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: St. Louis Adult Learning Centre, Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 41 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (and/or email@example.com). Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on September 12, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.