CUPE Local 2512
St. Mary High School, Kitchener, ON
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide clerical support and general office functions in conjunction with the school’s office administrative team.
- Maintain absenteeism records for staff, including maintaining oncall system and schedules, identify replacement teachers and verfiy smartfind records – as delegated by the lead assistant.
- Compile and maintain student information for registration purposes, ministry assessments, etc.
- Provide back up to clerical positions within the school’s administrative assistant team – as required.
- Perform receptionist duties such as receving/directing students, visitors and courier/mail services; record and disribute messages and respond to inquiries; prepare powerpoint presentation and announcements for TV monitors.
- Maintain booking of school faciltiies.
- Develop and maintain adhoc computerized reports.
- Maintain databases for tracking, information, ie, suspensions, public bus tickets, student medical, locker and parking information, etc.
- Complete and submit OSBIE claims.
- Process purchase orders as required.
- Maintain photocopy accounts.
- Compose and process correspondence, communications, memos, interview preparations, calendars, handbooks, newslettters, reports and other duties as needed and directed by the lead assistant.
- Two year College Diploma in Office Adminsitration or Business Administration.
- 1-2 years similar work experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint.
- Possess organization and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Board and Ministry policies and procedures (an asset).
Hourly Rate: $22.65 to $23.97 per hour
Hours of Work:
Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
8:00 am – 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: April 30, 2018
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and external applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on April 12, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.