Job Posting Number: PASS 2018-12
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Services, this position will be responsible for:
- Project managing and coordinating accounting software upgrades and online purchasing module
- Maintaining accounting software code of accounts, updating access for staff and training new staff as required
- Recording and monitoring of grants, tax levies and retirement gratuities
- Serving as back-up for the Accounting Supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the accounts payable and receivable department
- Cheque runs, journal entries and reconciliations related to the transportation consortium and District 8
- Review processes between departments in collaboration with stakeholders to research and evaluate possible solutions for improvements
- Assisting with month end and quarterly reporting, including detailed reviews of programs and accounts
- Assisting with budget processes such as co-ordination of transportation consortium budget, presentation materials and determining viability of programs
- Assisting with month end account reconciliations and government remittances
- Assisting with board and transportation year-end audit preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation or actively pursuing a designation
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and language skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV
PASS Level 5, $64,436 – 75,808 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment (To be evaluated)
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Educatrion Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com (and/or firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until July 9, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.