The Waterloo Catholic District School Board serves over 38,000 learners and provides services to students in 50 schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12 and adult learners) across the Waterloo Region.
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
- Cheque runs, journal entries and reconciliations
- Maintaining accounting software code of accounts, updating access for staff and training new staff as required
- Serving as back-up for the Accounting Supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the accounts payable and receivable department
- Review processes between departments in collaboration with stakeholders to research and evaluate possible solutions for improvements
- Assisting with month end and quarterly reporting, including detailed reviews of programs and accounts
- Assisting with budget processes such as co-ordination of transportation consortium budget, presentation materials and determining viability of programs
- Assisting with month end account reconciliations and government remittances
- Assisting with year-end audit preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation or actively pursuing a designation
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and language skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV
Salary Range: PASS – Level 5, $68,062-$80,074 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent full-time 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Please see the Application Process below.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com
Applytoeducation assistance, contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm October 6, 2022
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.