Planning manages the long-term accommodation needs of the WCDSB. The department is staffed by professionals with the responsibility of overseeing matters related to the following areas:
- Accommodation Planning
- Enrolment projections
- Demographic analysis
- Accommodation Reviews (boundary reviews & school closure reviews)
- Municipal development approvals
- Active and Safe Routes to School
- Capital Construction (see also Facility Services)
- Capital funding
- Site plan approvals
- Municipal planning approvals
- Long Term Accommodation Plan (LTAP) 2018
- Property acquisition and disposition
- Agreements (leases, parking, joint venture, joint use, etc)
- Education Development Charges
- Legal issues related to property
Planning coordinates these functions to ensure that students and staff have access to the facilities needed to provide the best possible learning environment.
The department works closely with the rest of the Corporate Services to achieve this goal.
General Inquiries: Planning@wcdsb.ca
Manager of Planning
The Manager of Planning is responsible for:
- the acquisition and disposition of property
- leases and agreements
- capital plan
- obtaining funding for new capital projects
- accommodation reviews
- enrolment projections
Phone: (519) 578-3660 ext. 2253
The Planning Officer:
- conducts accommodation reviews
- assists with the acquisition and disposition of property
- prepares enrolment projections
- comments on municipal development applications
- analyzes demographic trends
- assesses portable needs
- responds to public inquiries regarding planning and property matters
Phone: (519) 578-3660 ext. 2359
Capacity Planning Analyst
Phone: (519) 578-3660 ext. 2355
Education Development Charges By-Law 2016
Please be advised that on Monday, May 16, 2016, the Waterloo Catholic District School Board adopted a new Education Development Charges By-law, 2016.
- June 1, 2016
- The By-law is in effect for 5 years (expiring May 31, 2021); however it may be amended on an annual basis.
- New Residential Rate: $653 per unit
- New Non-Residential Rate: $0.32 per square foot
All building permits issued and paid for up to May 31, 2016 will be charged at the 2011 rates. All permits issued on or after June 1, 2016 will be subject to the 2016 rates – this includes all permits certified by the WCDSB that are not paid prior to May 31, 2016.
For more information regarding education development charges please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-578-3660 ext. 2355.
Facility Partnerships refers to arrangements for regular and consistent use of a WCDSB facility where such uses are operating during the normal school day (i.e. Monday to Friday; 6 am to 6 pm). For more information about using space after 6 p.m., please click here.
A partner may rent space within an identified existing school (or other board facility) or partner with WCDSB to co-build a new facility.
For more information about the process, please read the following policy documents.
When space is available in existing schools or there are co-building opportunities, WCDSB will notify all approved partners. Approved partners will then be invited to submit an expression of interest.
Future Co-building opportunities
Below are the WCDSB’s Capital Project summaries for new proposed schools.
|Site Name||Location||Approx. Size||Target opening date|
|Doon South Elementary School|| Doon South,
|Rosenberg Elementary School||Bleams Road and
|Wilmot Township Elementary School||TBD, Wilmot||TBD||2025|
The following documents were presented during the open house on August 17th, 2017
For any information about the opportunities listed above please contact Manpreet Sian, Capacity Planning Analyst, at 519-578-3660 ext. 2355 or Manpreet.Sian@wcdsb.ca.