Secondary School Credit Supply Teacher – Hairstyling/Barber Program
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2021-126
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides services to students in 50 schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region. The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
Applications for the above teaching position at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres are invited from all qualified and interested applicants. The Hairstyling Supply Teacher will be responsible to the Administrative Team of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres to teach the Hairstyling Program at St. Louis.
Course Codes: TXJ 3E and TXJ 4E
General Description of Duties:
- Delivering lessons provided by the classroom teacher (in-class and/or virtual)
- Developing and delivering lessons based on Ministry of Education Hairstyling Curriculum when needed
- Ensure proper planning to ensure effective lesson delivery
- Accurate attendance reporting in ASPEN
- Evaluating the progress of students throughout the learning process and discussing results with students
- Provide written report to the classroom teacher regarding daily events and student progress with assigned work
- Following all Health and Safety protocols and processes
- Maintaining a positive and effective classroom learning environment
- Follow and enforce all school policies and expectations for the day
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- Have senior qualifications in the subject area (Technological Studies – Personal Services/Hairstyling)
- Hold a current Ontario Trade Certification of Qualification as a Hairstylist
- Previous experience in the hair industry is required
- Previous experience teaching would be an asset
- Certified rate $39.17 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $25.28 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: As Needed between September 24, 2021 – June 22, 2022 M-F 8:45 – 3:30
Location: Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com
Applytoeducation assistance, contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: October 13, 2021 at 9 am
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.