Job Posting Number: PASS 2021-09
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, this challenging position will be responsible for:
- Assist with preparation for the Board salary and benefit budget
- Working in collaboration with the Senior Financial Analyst to monitor budgets, prepare variance analysis, projections and financial reporting for management
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly internal monitoring reports
- Assist with preparation of annual budget presentation materials, including Meritorious Budget Award report
- Assist with developing school budget allocations and monitoring school budgets
- Preparation of monthly Key Performance Indicators
- Working closely with budget holders to assist with budget monitoring and support
- Assisting with year-end audit preparation and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Business Degree/Diploma or other related field (or equivalent combination of training and experience)
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and language skills
- or other public sector experience
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV
Salary Range: PASS Level 3, $58,857-69,242 *NB: Placement on salary grid done in accordance with provisions outlined in the PASS (Professional and Administrative Support Staff) Terms of Employment.
Hours of Work: Temporary Full time: 35 hours per week/52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until May 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
The successful candidate will need to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.