Job Posting Number: Pass 2021-03 (2 Positions required)
Reporting to the Data Systems Supervisor, the incumbent will create, design and manage data interfaces and structures using standard Microsoft methodologies SQL/XML/JSON.
- Create, Design and Build SSRS Services server (On Prem/Azure)
- Act as a leading technical expert in the field of system interfaces, data mining, design, development and automation as it is applies to educational systems and models
- Work with IT Team on data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema, or modify existing ones
- Expand the Board’s use of data access through SQL queries/data sets/interfaces
- Design, configure, manage data interfaces for various systems and vendors
- Responsible for collaborating on data standards and governance initiatives for data architecture
- Work with various teams to clarify and refine functional data requirement specifications as it relates to the Board’s multi-year strategic plan
- Create and maintain interfaces between WCDSB applications
- Develop datasets and reports for applications and end users
- Work with vendors to import and export data from various databases
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data systems
- Create filters and queries for the Board’s new student management information system (SMS)
- Manage SQL in on-prem systems
- Other duties as required
The incumbent will have the following experience and skillsets:
- 3 year College or University diploma/degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering system analysis and/or database administration
- 5 years experience performing similar functions
- Schema design, data mapping and conversion, and data load with SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
- Creating complex SSIS packages using SSIS 2017/2016/2012
- Installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting SQL Server
- Extraction and migration of Data from heterogeneous data sources like flat files, CSV, Excel, MS Access, Oracle, XML & SQL Server using SSIS
- Experience working with Azure SQL Services, ODS V1/V2, Datalink, data warehousing
- Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 to current, Power Pivot, Power Builder
- C, SQL, PL/SQL, T: SQL, JAVA, Batch scripting, R, Python
- OLAP tools: SSRS, SSAS, MDX, Power BI
- PowerShell/CMD scripting and batch programming
- Text editors for scripting code (e.g. SQLCMD, PowerShell, XML)
SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services.
- Source code management tools .e.g. Visual Source Safe (VSS) by Microsoft
- Microsoft Access (DBMS desktop development tool)
- Reporting Services and Reporting Services with SharePoint Implementation
- Creating medium to large-scale enterprise logical data models using normalization techniques
- Relational Database Design, Data Vault Modeling Design, Multi-Dimensional (Star -Schema) Design, Data Repository Design
- MySQL DBMS
- SQL Server 2012-19 SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Transact SQL (T-SQL) or equivalent SQL Server Management -Studio Visual Basic 2012-19
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
Salary Level or Salary Range Starting At $72,100 – 84,825. Reflecting Level 6 of the PASS Salary Grid pursuant to the PASS Terms of Employment (subject to review)
Hours of Work: 35 hours/52 weeks/year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St. E., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted 4:00 p.m. on March 2, 2021.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.