English as a Second Language Supply Instructors
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number – CE-2021-01
General Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) level appropriate lessons based on the ESL/LINC guidelines
- Providing learner–centered language instruction using resources and activities sensitive to cultural differences
- Assessing learners’ needs, development and skill levels in accordance with CLB guidelines using CLB based assessment tools
- Implementing PBLA approach to teaching and assessment
- Using an online platform for posting asynchronous learning materials (Google classroom, Onyx, Avenue, etc.) in a face to face or remote situation.
- Delivering both synchronous (Google meet etc) and asynchronous learning.
- Supporting students to work online using chrome books in both face to face and remote learning scenarios.
- Using professionally acceptable and effective classroom management strategies following LINC/ESL procedures
- Sharing community support contact information with students
- Current TESL Ontario Accredited Certification
- Recent Canadian Language Benchmarks training or willingness to complete
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written English
- Experience teaching in an ESL setting
- Experience working with adult learners
- Experience working with PBLA
- Knowledge of Google Classroom and/or other platforms for learning
- Comfortable using and learning more technology for teaching English
- $33.64 per hour, plus Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Casual on call as needed for daytime or evening classes
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applications will be received via email at email@example.com Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: February 10, 2021
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.